Your policy coverage in relation to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
We would like to share with you some important information regarding your policy in relation to the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). On December 31, 2019, a pneumonia of unknown cause was first detected and reported in the WHO Country Office in China. The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern last 30 January 2020.
IMPORTANT Smart Traveller Advisory
Please be guided on your next trip! The ban for non-essential travels has been lifted in the country on October 21, 2020. If you’re thinking of going a trip, we’ve compiled some important things to keep in mind, especially if you’re travelling abroad.
Make sure you have the following ready before your flight:
• Confirmed roundtrip tickets
• If you’re traveling with a tourist visa, travel and health insurance is required to cover travel disruptions and hospitalization in case of COVID-19 infection
• Execution of an immigration declaration acknowledging the risks involved in traveling
• Negative antigen result taken within 24 hours before departure, subject to the Department of Health (DOH) guidelines.
You will need to submit a copy of these requirements to the airline where you booked your flight. You may also want to check on any additional documents needed for your travel destination. The requirements may differ per country.
When you get back, you will also need to follow the National Task Force’s (NTF) quarantine guidelines for returning overseas Filipinos workers (OFW).
Before booking that flight, ensure you have a hassle-free trip with AXA’s Smart Traveller. If you already have a policy or are considering getting one, check out these reminders:
• Emergency medical expenses due to illnesses are covered, except for the following cases:
o Disease / illness is pre-existing
o Travelled to countries banned by the Philippine government. This exclusion does not apply if the insured has already commenced his/her trip prior to the issuance of such travel advisory.
• For policies purchased after March 11, 2020, cancellations / postponements are not covered if it’s due to COVID-19 since this is already a known event.
While restrictions are now being lifted, it pays to be on the safe side and prepare for unforeseen events that may happen during your trip.
Global Health Access
• Global Health Access will cover treatments according to the customers’ policy coverage regardless of relation to COVID-19.
• GHA will not cover COVID-19 infection acquired through travel to restricted countries where a travel advisory has been released prior to date of travel.
• Compulsory quarantine-related medical expenses will be covered if the insured is eventually confirmed to be infected with COVID-19.
For assistance in accessing a healthcare facility under GHA, contact the GHA claims support team 24/7 Hotline (+632) 8 581-5207.
Care Rider and Daily Hospital Income benefit under Health Exentials
• Care Rider & Health eXentials daily hospital income benefits will be paid out whether related to COVID-19 or not.
Health Max, Health Exentials, Health Start, Shield Rider and Critical Conditions Rider
• Critical illnesses will be paid out whether related to COVID-19 or not, subject to policy contract provisions.
We encourage everyone to stay safe and take necessary precautions, as prescribed by credible sources like the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Department of Health (DOH). Thank you!
For further inquiries regarding claims and product specifications, you may contact Customer Care Hotline at:
(+632) 8 5815-292
(+63) 917 1709292 (Globe)
(+63) 998 5889292 (Smart)
Operating Hours: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Monday – Friday, except holidays
Or Email at: