Frequently Asked Questions
We have prepared the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to answer your most common policy inquiries. Click on any of the following categories related to your inquiry.
All AXA policyholders can have a MyAXA account. You can register at www.axa.com.ph and access your account online via web or mobile app.
Simply download the MyAXA App from the Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS. Once installed, you may register using the email address on your policy records.
You can view your basic policy details, account values, official receipts and even contact your distributors directly through your MyAXA account.
Go to Policy List view and select policy. Scroll down and choose “MY DOCUMENTS”. Under this tab, select Official Receipt and you will be able to access all the official receipts from your previous payments.
Yes, you may print a copy of your official receipt as long as you have a PDF viewer installed on your device. You may also share a copy of your official receipt through email by installing an electronic mail messaging app on your device.
MyAXA Mobile App can be accessed through Android Phone (Android 4.2 Jellybean) or Apple (iOS 8) phone.
You only need to register once. Once registered, all policies will be reflected in your myAXA account for as long as the email address in the policy records are the same in AXA's database.
To ensure that all your policies are reflected under one account, make sure that email address on record for all your policies are the same. You may verify and update your policy’s email information on through your distributor or you may chat with us through our website www.axa.com.ph, email us at email@example.com or call us at (02) 5815-AXA.
New Policy Application
To start your policy application, download the New Business Pre-Submission Checklist available at our website, complete the necessary documents and submit through your Financial Partner (Financial Partner details are available on your MyAXA account).
For new customers, you may set an appointment to meet with a Financial Partner by choosing from our list of Financial Partners through MyAXA Partner or visit any AXA or Metrobank branch nationwide.
You may also purchase a new insurance policy directly through MyAXA Ion.*
* Available for selected products
You will receive an SMS notification informing you of the status of your application. The turn-around-time for processing of policy application is two (2) working days, if documents are complete and there are no additional requirements needed based on initial assessment.
The Cooling-off Period* is 15 days starting from the day you or your representative receive the policy contract. During this period, you may still surrender the policy by submitting a signed letter of request together with your policy contract directly at our Head Office, and all charges will be returned.
The amount from the investment fund/s that will be returned will be based on the actual value of the chosen funds on the valuation date for each fund immediately following your request to surrender the policy. Thus, the released amount is not necessarily the same as the initial premium paid.
* Available for variable products
Your policy contract will be delivered to your mailing address within 10 business days from the date of issuance of your policy. You will receive an SMS notification once your policy has been issued, and a separate notification for the delivery of your policy contract.
You may pay your premiums through any of the following:
Credit Card, Auto-Debit Arrangement
• For Visa or Mastercard Credit Card holders, pay straight or automatically charge your annualized premium of up to Php 200,000.00 per policy
• You may enroll your premium payments via Auto debit Arrangement (ADA) if you are an accountholder of Metrobank, BPI, BDO, Chanabank, PNB and Landbank. Simply download and accomplish the specific bank form from our website www.axa.com.ph and submit the duly accomplished original copy of the form at any AXA office or through your distributor. For Landbank accountholders, forms should be accomplished in duplicate & validated at the branch of account prior to submission.
Debit Card Payment
With a network of 63 banks, pay with your ATM/Debit Cards using our Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals in our AXA Head Office, Binondo-Wellington, Cebu and Davao branches.
Post Dated Check Payment
Check payments must be payable to “AXA Philippines”. Make sure to indicate your policy number at the back of the check, and submit to the AXA Head Office or to any of our branches.
Online, Phone-Banking and Electronic Tellers
Log-in at the following secure websites and pay your premiums, anytime, anywhere:
myAXA Payment Gateway: www.axa.com.ph
Metrobank Direct: www.metrobank.com.ph
PSBank Remote Banking: www.psbank.com.ph
BPI Express Online: www.bpiexpressonline.com
BDO Online Banking: www.online.bdo.com.ph
Chinabank Online Banking: www.chinabank.ph
PNB Personal Internet Banking: www.pnb.com.ph
Bancnet Online: www.bancnetonline.com.ph
Pay your premiums through the nationwide ATM network of Bancnet or Megalink or through their Phone banking services
Present your premium notice or fill out the corresponding payment slip at any of the following:
8. LBC (except in SM Malls and Sta Lucia Mall)
9. EC Pay Collection Partners (which includes 7-11, Metro
Gaisano, Gaisano Grand, among others)
10. Remitbox Collect (HLhuillier, PrimeAsia, Gemmary)
There is a 31-day grace period after your premium due date during which your policy shall remain in effect even if payment is yet to be made.
If your premium remains unpaid after the grace period, and the amount in your investment fund is not enough to cover the necessary charges, your policy will lapse and the benefits will no longer be payable to you.
However, you may reinstate* your lapsed policy anytime within three (3) years provided:
- Account value has not been fully withdrawn (if any);
- Reinstatement documents have been duly submitted; and
- Necessary charges have been fully paid.
* For life insurance product only
Unsuccessful Auto-Pay of Premiums is a result of any of the following:
Account should be sufficiently funded on the following debit schedules:
Every 5th of the month – for policies with due date falling on the 1st-15th of the month
Every 20th of the month – for policies with due date falling on the 16th-28th of the month
Send us an updated card details through your Financial Partner, or inform us through any of the following:
- Call us at (02) 528-5AXA
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us through our website www.axa.com.ph
Invalid Account or Lost/Stolen/Captured Card
Contact your bank immediately and pay your premium over-the-counter until new payment details have been provided.
The Basic Sum Insured, as shown in the policy specifications page of your policy, is the amount used to determine the insured’s risk class (standard or special) at the time your policy was applied.
Your Sum Insured is equivalent to the Death Benefit the beneficiaries will receive at time of the Insured’s death.
A claim may be filed anytime following the death, disability/injury/illness or hospitalization of the insured. Claims for riders are only possible if these are attached to the basic life insurance policy.
Beneficiaries named in the contract or their legal representatives, subject to presentation of required documents, can file for a death claim. Health insurance claim may be filed by the policy owner/insured.
The following documents should be presented by the beneficiary:
- a) Duly accomplished Statement of Claimant Form
b) Duly accomplished Attending Physician’s Statement Form
c) Original or Certified True Copy of Death Certificate duly registered with the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or National Statistics Office (NSO)
d) Original or Certified True Copy of Birth Certificates of insured and beneficiary/ies duly registered with the LCR or NSO
e) One (1) primary ID or two (2) secondary IDs of claimant/s only
f) Marriage certificate if the beneficiary is the spouse
If insured dies from an accident and policy has an Accidental Benefit Rider attached to the policy, in addition to the basic requirements stated earlier, you need to submit the following:
- a) Death Certificate – duly certified and must bear the proof of registration from LCR
b) Official investigation report of PNP or NBI
c) Written Affidavit of at least two (2) witnesses
d) Autopsy report
You may obtain the Statement of Claimant Form and Attending Physician’s Form from the following:
- a) Download from www.axa.com.ph
b) AXA Branch Offices nationwide
c) Metrobank branch through an AXA Financial Executive
Valid identification includes any of the following photo-bearing IDs with clear signature:
- a) Passport
b) Driver’s License
c) PRC ID
d) New SSS / GSIS / Voter’s ID
e) Unified ID
Or any two (2) of the following photo-bearing IDs with clear signature:
a) Employment ID
b) School ID
c) ATM card / Credit Card
If the beneficiary is minor (i.e. below 18 years old), the following are the requirements:
• Claims amounting to PHP500,000 and below, a duly notarized Affidavit of Guardianship must also be submitted for us to release the benefit.
• For amounts over PHP500,000, in addition to the standard requirements, the following additional documents must be submitted:
- a) If the Guardian is the natural parent – A Guardianship Bond duly issued by the Regional Trial Court (RTC) with jurisdiction over the minor beneficiary’s stated home address must be submitted by the surviving parent.
- b) If the Guardian is other than the natural parent – Letters of Guardianship duly issued by the Regional Trial Court (RTC) with jurisdiction over the minor beneficiary’s stated home address must be submitted by the would-be guardian.
Claims may be submitted at the following offices:
- a) AXA Branch Offices nationwide
b) Metrobank branches through an AXA Financial Executive
Contestable claim means that the death occurs in less than two (2) years
from the date of effectivity of the policy.
Incontestable means that AXA Philippines cannot revoke your contract
after two (2) years, provided that your policy is still in-force. Death by
suicide only becomes a valid claim during this period.
Proceeds will only be paid upon the death of the insured.*
If the owner dies, a new policy owner must be named. When a contingent owner is named in the application form, the latter will assume ownership. In the absence of a contingent owner, the insurance code states that the ownership of the policy will automatically be granted to the insured.
If the policy is issued with an attached Waiver of Premium rider or a Payor’s Clause, on the owner’s death, future premiums may be waived up to a period as stated in the policy contract.
*For life insurance policies only
IIE stands for Index-linked Increase Endorsement. This is your policy's automatic inflation protection feature which applies every policy anniversary. However, should you decline for 2 consecutive times, the IIE will no longer be offered the following year.
The IIE gives you the opportunity and convenience to increase your life insurance coverage for a minimal premium in relation to the increase in cost of living (inflation) without the need for medical examination.
The cost of increase is minimal and varies per year depending on the inflation rate.
By paying your new premium with IIE gives your policy an automatic increase in coverage.
Should you wish to decline the offer, please reach us two weeks before your actual due date through our Customer Care Hotline number at 02 5815 AXA(292), email us at email@example.com or Chat with us through our website at https://www.axa.com.ph/contact-us or you may contact your distributor.
Yes, policy withdrawal is available for Investment Linked Policies, subject to surrender charges and submission of complete requirements.
Your policy should have enough account value net of surrender charges.
For partial withdrawals, a minimum amount of USD400 or its peso equivalent should remain on your account value.
List of surrender charges:
Note: Any partial withdrawal from a 3GX policy will cancel the guaranteed return feature of the plan.
- Step 1: Download and fill out the full/partial withdrawal forms. To expedite the release of the proceeds, ensure to complete the Payment Instructions Section on page 3 and indicate your complete bank account information.
- Step 2: Accomplish the form and submit this together with a photocopy of at least 1 valid primary ID. For a list of valid IDs, you may refer to table below.
- Step 3: If your policy has “irrevocable” beneficiaries, please have them also sign the documents with a photocopy of at least 1 primary valid ID.
- Step 4: Submit tatleast one (1) primary to your nearest AXA branch or to your advisor/Financial Partner. AXA may conduct a confirmation call-out. To avoid any delays, ensure to provide your complete and updated contact information.
Note: Please review the designation of your beneficiaries as shown on your policy contract whether “irrevocable” or “revocable”.
Proceeds will be paid out following the schedule below from the time of actual receipt of complete requirements by AXA Head Office:
- - All requests received until 11:00 AM will be processed the same day. Please ensure that the information and documents needed from you are complete and original upon submission, otherwise, processing will be done once complete requirements are received.
- - The Global Advantage Fund (GAF), European Wealth Fund (EWF) and Asia Growth Fund (AGF) requires weekly valuation (every Thursday).Proceeds pay-out will be after valuation.
- - Please ensure that your contact information is updated as we may call you for verification.
- - For cheque delivery, please consider possible delays in view of the courier’sability to locate your declared mailing address.
- - Cheques are for deposit only.